Friday 5 April 2013

PRUE AND MISS BRILL


PRUE AND MISS BRILL

Prue: I think you should get out of that little box where you have been living in to.
Miss Brill: What do you mean by that?
Prue: I think you have wasted plenty time of your life by taking yourself too seriously. Every single thing is so calculated and expected. In fact, let me ask you a question: do you find yourself being constantly let down?
Miss Brill: How do you know that?
Prue: Ha ha!, I love it when people answer a question with other question. Is not that I know you enough to ask you something like that, is just that people like you find themselves in those kinds of situations… You expect so much from people, from stuff, from your plans and even from you.
Miss Brill: Why is that so bad?
Prue: Because things rarely work as we planned. You should’ve known that already…
Miss Brill: I won’t apologize for being a good person.
Prue: I’m not saying you’re not a good person, in fact I think there may be a few things that I could learn from you. What I meant is that you really need to relax and let yourself go.
Miss Brill: Oh! You mean that I have to be more like you.
Prue: If you want to…
Miss Brill: Well I don’t want to. Not offense but, who would want to be like you?
Prue: Why people always have to say: ‘not offense’ before saying something totally offensive?
Miss Brill: Maybe because is true and you don’t want to accept that.
Prue: So I have to accept the fact that nobody would like to be like me? And I have to take that from an old, sad, lonely and not offense, probably still a virgin woman?
Miss Brill: None take it. But let me tell you dear, that you had described quite the essence of what I think about you… except for the virgin thing. Why would you have to let yourself go if you’re not being push or expected to do something?
(There was a long silence after that)
Prue: I guess we’re not that different…
Miss Brill: Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment